
Husband and I will celebrate 13 years in a couple of weeks and "we" have discussed a new camera.
I want to be able to stay in my seat at a soccer game and get a really good close-up. I want it to be fast, the girls are always on the go and I don't want to miss a shot. If it could record for a couple of minutes that would be great and I need to be able to download them onto my computer without going to Walgreen's to make a disk.
If you can help me with any suggestions that would be great! Also, Husband is not going to buy the $1200 Nikon I picked out! So price has to be a factor also!
THANKS!!
Anyways, Backwards-Works For Me Wednesday!!!!
For more Works for Me Wednesday, be sure to stop by Rocks in My Dryer
5 comments:
I have a Kodak Easyshare for my first digital camera and also looking to upgrade to get those fast shots.
So I'm very keen to see what the others say :)
I hate to say it, but the Canon or Nikon are the only ways to go. Esp for the close ups. Look into an older model on Overstock or ebay. I have a Canon rebel digital, got the big lense for super zoom, and the disc pops right into my computer. For sports pics it's the way to go, no blurry figures. I LOVE it. A friend of mine has an Olympus she loves.
Check around for prices, mine is 3 or 4 years old and I paid $700 for it then,and $100 for the lense (80-300mm) you might be surprised. Before you spend $200, 4 times on cameras you hate, it's worth the investment.
I got a Fuji FinePix S5100 a couple of years ago. It has a good zoom and can record short video. It was over 500, but for me it's a great camera. I can just put it on auto and point and shoot, or do more sophisticated things too.
I have had two Fuji Finepix and really like them. I researched for two weeks and was ready to lay down close to $1000 for a Nikon and decided I was no pro and got something I like just as much for a fraction of the. Once I read the directions, which I usually don't do, it works great and takes quick shots, too.
I have the Sony H-5. I asked for it for Mother's Day and I have yet to use all of the options. It can be a "point and shoot" camera, but it can also do much much more. I would be happy to bring it to the soccer field Tuesday so that you could try it out.
Post a Comment