
I finally sat down and looked at my actual spending and saving! OMG...I have really done well! For the entire month of October I have saved 46% of what I have spent. My best trip was to CVS last week. I spent $76 and only paid $4.15 cash!!! Husband was shocked. Had he not seen the receipt I know he would not have believed me. I have not receive my camera yet. There was a mishap with the order. Hopefully I will receive it by Wednesday! I plan to take a picture of my future savings once I am able to upload them easily!
This started out as FUN and now I feel competitive with myself! I have to save more than I did last week! Who knows where this is going! May be a fad or a new way of like.
Last Friday Husband was off and we ran in Belks. He was looking for new shorts since he now needs a 34 (brat). I am proud (jealous) of him. I found our son bathing suit trunks for $1.98. I picked up three pair for next year. Husband thought he had found the best deal with his $9 shorts, but I had him beat!!! I am seeing my competitive nature from all sides lately!!
I need to get cooking again! I have been saving all this money and not cooking! I promise a new recipe post soon!
Okay, here are my final tips from last week...
MANAGE YOUR CO-PAY
If you have prescription coverage with a co-pay as part of your health insurance, ask your doctor to write your prescription for a three month supply. Sometimes you can just ask the pharmacist for a three month supply also. If you make the purchase this way, you’ll only pay one co-pay rather than three at the pharmacy.
THE END FOR PAPER CLIPS
This is a tip for finding the end on a roll of masking tape or packaging tape. As you cut off the last piece, put a paper clip under the edge so it won't stick back down on the roll. The next time you need to use the tape, just lift up the paper clip and the edge or end of the tape will be easily found. No more wasting time hunting for the beginning of the roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment