Wednesday, October 10, 2007

WFMW - DRUGS: Walmart, Target & Publix


With winter around the corner I thought I would share some great bargains!!!

The Publix program, is available to new or current customers regardless of their health-insurance coverage. Customers with a prescription can get as much as a 14-day supply at no cost -- and Publix is not limiting the number of prescriptions a customer can get filled for free.

The seven drugs are used to treat conditions such as respiratory infections, urinary-tract infections and ear infections:
amoxicillin
cephalexin
sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim
ciprofloxacin
(excluding ciprofloxacin XR)
penicillin VK
ampicillin
erythromycin
(excluding Ery-Tab).


Do you know that ALL WalMarts offer $4 for generic prescriptions? I read that Target is also offering this!

If you take a multiple medicines this is a HUGE savings! When you drop off you prescription ask if that medicine has a generic. I also had them flag all of our profiles for Generic-Only! We do have good insurance but our medicine copays have always been high. I have even asked the Dr. about the kids inhalers and other items if there was a generic if they could change their prescription.
Here is the drug list from WalMart.
Here is the list from Target.

Publix will match the Wal-Mart $4 price, but only when a customer requested it. Also CVS price matched Wal-mart's $4 price. At CVS for every 5th one filled you get a cash back coupon for $10 that you can use on other items in the store!

I thought I would also share I ALWAYS ask the Dr. if they have any samples, even if the children are running a fever, ask for Motrin. My good friend is a Pediatrician and she said the Drug Reps load them up monthly! Majority of her patients are on Medicare and get free meds anyways. So for those who are having to pay - Ask for the freebies! All they can do is say they do not have any!

Anyways It Works For Me!!!!
For more Works for Me Wednesday, be sure to stop by Rocks in My Dryer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to share a tip about. My family is a military family, so we don't really have to worry about our medications. I do have some friends who do worry about how they will pay for their medications sometimes, so I will definitely pass this information on to them. Wow! Thanks again. Ta for now dahling!

Alexandra said...

Thanks for the reminder!