Do you know that ALL WalMarts offer $4 for generic prescriptions? I read that Target is also offering this!
If you take a multiple medicines this is a HUGE savings! When you drop off you prescription ask if that medicine has a generic. I also had them flag all of our profiles for Generic-Only! We do have good insurance but our medicine copays have always been high. I have even asked the Dr. about the kids inhalers and other items if there was a generic if they could change their prescription.
Here is the drug list from WalMart.
Here is the list from Target.
Publix will match the Wal-Mart price, but only when a customer requested it.
I thought I would also share I ALWAYS ask the Dr. if they have any samples, even if the children are running a fever, ask for mortin. My good friend is a Pediatrician and she said the Drug Reps load them up monthly! Majority of her patients are on Medicare and get free meds anyways. So for those who are having to pay - Ask for the freebies! All they can do is say they do not have any!
2 comments:
Actually, Wal-Mart has just added many commonly used drugs to their $4 formulary. I have also heard that Publix is competing by offering many of these drugs for free. Yes, free. I learned this from my happy, helpful local Wal-Mart pharmacist, "Dough-nette."
What a great idea! I don't even think about asking for samples. My son got some samples for something once, and then AFTER he took it, it was recalled for serious heart issues!
Thanks for entering my Love Letters to a Child give-away.
Post a Comment