
My sister and I took advantage of being in Atlanta for the day and did some light CHRISTmas shopping. Wouldn't you know there was a craft show going on at the hospital - 1 day only! Lots of cinnamon potpourri and pound cakes...
She is frantically looking for baby doll that "swims"... we hit several toy stores and Target, but did not score. Of course we found ourselves at WalGreens! Wouldn't you know, when we walked in with my "Dorthy-Basket" of coupons and her coupon pouch the cashier said "If you purchase $50 today you will receive a $20 gift card!" Enough said! The hunt was on! You can run up a $50 bill quickly with diapers! We found two bottles of Excedrin Migraine and tension headache medicine 2 for $5.75 and of course I had $2 off coupons!! She got a free roll of wrapping paper that she climbed to the top of the store to get, and a great deal on batteries for her camera (that she is getting for Christmas - hint, hint to Sister's Husband).
I finished shopping for the children and even found wool socks and long johns for the ski trip! Target has cute Footie-pj's on sale this week for $8. Son got a pair of camo (they will be mine one day soon if he keeps growing so fast!) and the girls got skiing monkeys! Too cute!! Sister and I had a lot of fun picking everything out together! I got home around 10 pm last night and was exhausted.
I got the children up early this morning and we studied for their spelling, vocab and social studies test! Husband earned his stripes last night by taking them to the Parade! We have always gone (9 year tradition) and they were adamant about going, so he packed a picnic and blankets and away they went! I was so proud of him for going! Cold weather, screaming kids and a large crowd...I can't think of anything else he loves more! :) Thank you honey for taking one for the team last night! Momma, Sister and I thank you for your sacrifice!!!!
A couple from our home team was asked to enter an ornament into the Downtown Development Contest and they WON FIRST PLACE! WOW!! What big fun! They spent so much time on the project! It looked great! Well Done! They won a $100 gift certificate to the Downtown Restaurants that I think they are going to give to Pastor and his wife!! Maybe next year we will enter the parade and have the choir and the ornament on the float!!!CVS has a great sale on photo enlargements:
Add two 5x7 or two 8x10 to your shopping cart, use promo code NBOGO, and you will only pay for one 5x7 or one 8x10!
No comments:
Post a Comment