Thursday, November 22, 2007

Warning: CVS ECB talk...

Do not read this if you are fed up with me and my coupons! I called my Mom at 9:45 to share my joy from all the money I was saving and she thought I was drunk. Now if you know me, you know I do not drink and have not for over 12 years. I was over joyous over my SAVINGS! Yes, I am going to post about it and YES I do have a picture of ALL my rewards and ECB's! Who would not want free chocolate and Diet coke???

Before I forget, here is the coupon for 10 free pictures when you buy 20 pictures at Rite Aid.

Here is the CVS coupon for the $5 off $30.

Crystal has done a wonderful job explaining how to get the best deals from CVS and offers coupons to print out.

All of these items are on sale for three days. They are all on the back page of the flyer. I spent $1.08 Out of Pocket (oop), got all of what you see and $47.00 of ECB to use on my next trip.

Okay...At CVS I spent about $10 to get started. I bought items that gave me ECB's back. Then on my next trip I would get items I needed as well as some of the new EBC deals and "replace" the ones I spent.


EXAMPLE:
I bOUGHT
$2.49 ECB's wyb Tylenol 10ct. - LIMIT ONE per card
$1.49 ECB's wyb Enviga Sparkling Green Tea single 12oz. can - LIMIT ONE per card
$5.99 ECB's wyb Garnier 100% Color - LIMIT TWO per card


1 Tylenol, 1 Tea and two hair colors for $16. If I have any coupons (which I do - $1 off Tylenol and $2 off Hair (x2) for a coupon total of $5 off) So now I am paying about $12 cash including tax. I will get back on the bottom of my receipt a $2.49; $1.49; $5.99 and $5.99 ECB that I can then use next time.
This is probably more confusing!?@!@?!?@?

My first week I did spend cash, but ever since then I earned the ECB's back and I am able to shop for "free" I have some great stocking stuffer this year. My nephew is getting some Motrin and Tylenol drops that I know he will be thrilled with (fortunately he is only 3 months old, I know his mama will appreciate it). As I said "Just trying to be a blessing!!" HAHA

3 comments:

Tricia said...

ok. I think I am getting it. So, I may have to buy things I don't acutally need to get some ECB's? I may go there tomorrow and look around.
I didn't get any GREAT deals today but I actually paid for everything with cash. Ok, I used my debit card not a CC!!! YEAH for me. It feels so good that it is really mine and I don't owe anyone. Thanks DAVE!!

Anonymous said...

Honey,

During my quiet time this morning, I found a verse that describes you and your pursuit of the "deal" pretty well. Obviously, to find something that describes you, I had to go to Proverbs 31. I guess that goes without saying!

Proverbs 31:18 says, "She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night."

I think that fits, don't you?

Husband

My Blessings From Above said...

Way to go! I just love shopping at CVS!! I have not paid for diapers for almost two months because of rolling over my ECB's!! I understand you joy! :)