Friday, November 23, 2007

Organizing One Room At A Time

Clean Up Clean Up, Everybody Do your Part... If you unfortunately remember the Barney Banjo, you probably remember that song!

Oh my their rooms were a wreck. No I did not take a BEFORE picture and not even sure I would have posted one. It was that bad. My girls are PACK RATS! Give them a pack of paper, scissors and some tape and they will flat go to town. I have never in all my life. I know my room growing up NEVER looked like that because I was 15 before I was allowed to have my own scissors. And I know Rose would have never given us scotch tape to play with.


Anyways, I made my son mad because I complained so much about the clutter and junk in his room. Everything I handed him and said "put it somewhere or I am going to throw it away" ended up on his top bunk that use to be reserved for only Lego's. He busted out crying when I said "okay, lets now clean the top bunk." I am so mean...

The girls have made toys, food, signs, you name it out of paper and taped it around their room. I know technically this is my fault because I allow crafts into their room but OMG, there are limits for everything. Every time they slowed up I got louder and more demanding. I know I am mean, but "there is no way Santa is bringing another item into this house with it the way it looks." Okay, so you can hear me saying that out loud. I know they sure did...the entire time we were cleaning up.
Here are a few AFTER pictures. I know you are probably thinking AFTER pictures, yes there is still clutter and junk, but after two bags busting at the seams I had to stop. Even I felt guilty.
Check out the girls closet. Every animal except the Webkins must stay in there or I am throwing them out. (I will not really throw them out, I always have someone I can donate to). By the way, Daddy, they want you to build steps for the bookcases so they can make bunk beds out of them for their Webkin's. Good Luck with that project ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed! I have not seen them that clean since we moved in!

By the way, I noticed there are no pictures posted of your coupon-clipping, Oprah-watching area. Is that why the "One Room at a Time" title? Is that area next?

Also by the way, there is no need to post a picture of my tool area in the garage in retaliation for my comments here! I only want to keep your reporting balanced!

Love Always & Forever,

Husband