Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We Are Family

Guess what I did yesterday??? I met my sister and mother for lunch and coupon swapping!! We had so much fun. Who would have thought swapping coupons and sharing deals could be so much fun!

Of course our first objective was to decide on lunch. We thought we had a great deal on lunch until we read the fine print and the coupon was only valid at dinner. Can you guess where we ate...


I got to sit in the back with Sister's sweet baby. Oh he is so SWEET! Look at this little face. He rarely ever cries, just a small pout...
Okay maybe a big pouttie lip, but it still so sweet.
My Mama gave me an Ipod docking station! I can now listen to my new tunes in the kitchen! I love it! Thank you Mama!! That is Honey her baby helping me open it!



I had to have a conference with one of my third grade teachers last week about our falling reading grade. Well, that conference made all the difference in the world! I was told she was disorganized and did not pay attention. I was devastated! I am the most organized person I know and how did my child not get this gene? Well, I came home and organized her notebook and added "study-guide sleeves" to her notebook and labeled everything: Reading, Spelling, Social Studies... I explained how she needed to place the study guide INSIDE the pockets, not just inside her backpack. We had 6 test last week and she made 100% on every single one! I was so proud of her.

I tell you all this to explain why we spent 45 minutes in the Hallmark store last night so they could all three spend their money on a Webkin. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

It was painful watching them struggle to decide which one to get. The Reindeer is the pet of the month for December and they could not decide if it was worth it or not. If you have not seen these things, congratulations! They are the talk of our house.

Once they finish homework and anything else I need them to do I allow them to get on the computer and "play" with their animal. They have actually learned alot from these little guys. They have to earn money to buy food to feed them on the site as well as make sure they get enough rest or they get sick. I have actually devised a discipline system from the Webkins that works like a charm. In the morning after I wake them up I come downstairs and start the timer at 60 minutes. They have to get dressed, eat, pack up their backpack, shoes, teeth and coats. We then check the time and the remaining time is how long they get in the afternoon to play on the computer. I can also take 5 minutes away for fighting, not following directions... you catch on! Some days they only have 15 minutes, others they may have 30 or more. This system has worked great for a couple of weeks now! Do you have other motivations at your house? I'd love to hear about them!

1 comment:

Carolyn F said...

Don't bring the webkins to Dianne's!!! We use a token system -- they earn them for doing things right, and can redeem them for electronics time. I like yours though...