Last Thursday Husband woke up and started his quiet time at 6 am. He had a bad stomach ache and within 5 minutes was on the ground in the bathroom crying in pain. I rushed him to the ER and our journey began at 6:30am. He stayed in pain and in the ER until 3:30 Thursday. They did a cat-scan and saw a kidney stone estimated at 5mm. Our ONLY urologist was out of town and would not be back until Tuesday (Labor Day weekend). They tried to get us in with another Urologistout-of-town and then with several others, but neither one would take us for whatever reason. At that point we tried to get admitted into the hospital and we even had a hard time getting that done.
Finally they got us into a room and started a dauladid pain med that seemed to numb the pain some. We stayed in that room on that meds Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and then most of the day Tuesday, until Dr. Smith returned and we got an available operating room.
I will have to wait for another time to tell you about where all our children were during this time. Remind me to tell you about the dog biting Maddie’s face and the fender-bender the girls were in…Another chapter for the book I am writing Drama Mama.
Anyways, back to my cot in room 511… Husband had fluids and pain meds and waited 5 days for the little booger to travel down from the kidney to the bladder. The Dr. had to use a catherter and a small “bucket” to capture the stone and bring it out. BUT, while he was in there the Dr. saw a tumor in Husband's bladder – Cancer. It was Phase 1 and very tiny and he was able to remove it all! God Is GOOD- ALL The Time!
Now if I had won our fight back in ER and put him back in my car to go to Atlanta or Birmingham, they would have blasted the stone because of its location. If God had answered Husband's prayers he would have passed that joker and we would not know about the Cancer for 6-12 months from now when there would be blood in his urine.
NOW raise your hands up to the Lord and thank Him for unanswered prayers right now! Our God is an AWESOME God! These were 6 MISERABLE days in the hospital for everyone! But oh how beautiful they are to me now!
When we are in the storm it is so easy to turn flesh and not look up. I thank God for not turning His back on my family when I did not turn to Him to provide WHAT I WANTED! Thanks you Jesus!
You know my needs and you ALWAYS provide! Thank you Jesus for not providing what this Type A- Drama Mama wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!
I type this note as I am waiting for the dryer to stop so I can finish packing. We did not take a family trip this summer and we are still planning to take the children to Washington DC this weekend. We thank you for your prayers and hope to talk to you next week!
2 comments:
I'm so happy for you that they were able to remove the tumor. It's so wonderful that you have your faith to lean on during times like these. I don't know where I'd be without Jesus.
I heard this from Dot a few weeks ago, and I agree... you were blessed to find it so early.
Post a Comment