Husband had a kidney stone removed on Tuesday night, and while they were in there they found bladder cancer and cut it out. He came home Tuesday night and laid around all day Wednesday. BUT Thursday morning I had him up, showered and on our way to the airport before he even had time to complain. Now I know that sounds really harsh (and okay, it was rough), but we had just spent a week of our life in pain and agony and I knew if I could just get him to D.C. he would be better on Friday. So I did what any good wife would do, I called Delta and arranged for wheel chair assistance at the airport!
We toted four large suitcases and everyone had a carry-on. Every child pulled their own suitcase and we followed the man pushing their Daddy! Yes, it was a sight and no I did not think to even take a picture. Once we got him on the plane he was "fine."

When we arrived in D.C. he did not even get out of the tunnel before another gentleman with a wheelchair was waiting for him and pushed him right to baggage claim and then to a taxi! In all honesty it was perfect! The taxi dropped us off at the hotel, I checked us in and we went straight to the room and he laid in the bed the rest of the night...he needed his rest for Friday...

Come back tomorrow for more details...
No comments:
Post a Comment