
I failed to mention several key issues in getting to D.C.
Husband gives a devotional the first of every month at work to all departments. Since he fell sick over Labor Day weekend he missed the first. So on Wednesday morning he decided to speak to everyone in two large groups and share with them what he had experienced. So we arranged for him to speak at 2pm and 2:30. He was able to explain how if he had his prayer request answered he would have passed the stone and if I had my prayers answered we would have gone to Atlanta and had the stone blasted on Thursday not the following Tuesday. Either way we would have missed the bladder cancer and 6-12 months from now he would of had symptoms and probably stage 2 or 3 cancer, not pre-cancerous cells.
Needless to say the afternoon was very stressful and painful for Husband since he still had the stint in from the surgery. He had a hard time walking and wanted to wear sweat pants. Now everyone who knows Husband knows he is always well dressed (and buys it all himself!!)!! So he does not even OWN a pair of loose fitting jogging pants. No problem I'll take out and buy you a pair, between washing loads of clothes, packing for five people and leaving the house clean - because we have it on the market and I just knew they would show it while we were gone for six days. So I leave all my chores to dash to our great and grand mall (PITIFUL). I get half way there and reach for my purse.!@>#>%$>@#%>@#>@! Yes, you guessed it!!! I left my purse at the house>!>@#@@$*@&$@
Now I know we do not live in a large town, but for me to drive all the way back out to the house and turn around to come all the way back to the mall was quite a hike. So I went towards the tennis courts where MIL works to see if I could borrow some $$$. She was not there, she left early. Fortunately, my dear friend from my favorite boutique was there with her mother and YES, I ASKED HER MOTHER IF SHE COULD HELP ME! Now, this is desperate folks. Yes, She is a good friend of mine also, but for her to give me her debit card, that is friendship people!!
So now off I go to the Mall looking for loose fitting sweatpants in SEPTEMBER! It is still 80-90 degrees here! What were we thinking? Belks, Goody's, JCPennys, Hibbets - nothing! So I took the debit card back and then told Husband he was clearly out of luck. Fortunately MIL calls me back and I explain what I need and she runs through her husband's closet and saves the day with a pair.
Now did I mention I was playing beat the clock before the sun goes down so I could cut the grass. I'll remind you that we live on six acers and it had rained the entire time we were in the hospital for six days. Not many people volunteer to cut six acers, but they do meals and childcare (thank you to my precious friends and family)!!!! So, I had to at least get the grass around the house cut, because what if they did show the house while we were gone?... (Just to let you know I could have baled hay it was so tall when I cut it after D.C.).
Meanwhile, Husband and children were eating the dinner my dear friend (Saggy Boobs)brought over and getting ready for bed. At this point I am exhausted, but wait there is more! I have not even pulled out our suitcases to start packing all those clean clothes. I stayed up into the wee-hours of the morning packing, checking my list and cleaning the house.
Fortunately we did not have another $8,000 mishap like the last time we went on vacation! But that is another story for another time...

They had so much fun at The Museum of Natural History. We saw the Hope Diamond, dinosaurs and their favorite was the rocks and gems! They loved this amethysts!
No comments:
Post a Comment