Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Over

This past summer I told my 10 year old (going into fifth grade) son the truth about Santa Claus. I had a hunch he knew, but he did not completely let on and I did not want them making fun of him - FIFTH GRADE and he still believed!

Tonight I am in the car with just the girls and Twin C asked if Santa gets gas and goes to the grocery store just like we do. Well out of nowhere Twin M says "Weellll NOOOO! It's Mom and Dad" <*$&*@#^$(%)@&$&!*(^$)(#%&)(_)@#)*&@^% My jaw hit the steering wheel and tears formed in my eyes. She proceeds to tell her sister that Jeremiah said he caught his mom and dad writing gift tags for his gifts and they told him it was them. Twin C says "Mom is that true? You and Dad really can't afford a Wii? Can You? There is a Santa?"

By this time I have managed to find a parking space and tell Twin C to get into the gym she is late for practice. I held Twin M back in the car and she immediately says "I was just kidding, I know there is a Santa." My response "Please do not discuss this again until we get home!" I was stunned, speechless, disappointed, angry...You get the idea.

They are in THIRD GRADE! I know they are days away from turning NINE, but its over. None of my babies believe. They aren't even babies anymore. Grown ad-dults who still live in my home, eat my food, dirty up my fresh towels. Oh my how I am having a pity party. If I could I would run to the store for some Midol and Salem Lites...

You know I don't smoke, but oh how I must be PMS. Jeremiah better be glad I do not know his last name and where he lives. Children these days...

2 comments:

Karen said...

My ds is in 5th grade, and as far as I can tell, still believes. But then again, he's homeschooled, so I can hang onto that innocence just a bit longer. Whew. :)

Carolyn F said...

I *think* both of mine still believe...