Yesterday I had cut the lemon up and was cooking dinner while the children finished their homework. I went to load the dishwasher and saw four lemon wedges in the bottom of the sink. I went nuts. "Who sucked four lemons and put them in the sink?" I had three little children starring at me with big green eyes. "Not me. Not me. Not me." Daughter #1 said "I think Harley (Cockapoo) did it."
"Are your Serious? I just cut these up so I would force myself to drink water and I want to know who ate them?" This little scene went on for several minutes until it hit me. Husband had come home for lunch and I saw he had a Styrofoam cup with fruit juice in it. I busted out laughing. "I am so sorry guys. Mommy knows what happened and I am so sorry I accused you of doing something you did not do." With big smiles and giggles they asked if Harley ate them? No, your Daddy did it... They thought it was so funny that Daddy ate my lemons. I explained that he had "lunch" with his Dad and two brothers and only had ice water with lemon in it and then came home to really eat. He poured the lemons out and got the juice. They just howled at the thought that I was mad at their Daddy for sucking lemons and throwing them in the sink!
Then of course, since I had made a fool out of myself Daughter #2 (blue) said "Are you going to put that on your blog?" - YES I AM MISS PRISSY- NOW GO!!!
2 comments:
LOL, isn't it interesting how protective we are of our food when we are on a diet?!
I suggest trying TrueLemon. It's in the grocery store near the sugars/flours/etc. One little pack is like a wedge of lemon. And they are easy to transport so you can add them to water in a restaurant if you want. I love it so much I actually buy it by the case over the internet. :)
It's the only way I can choke down water.
(found you through Mommin' it Up)
Post a Comment