I picked up my long-legged friend for lunch Monday. We were meeting Saggy-Boobs and Muffintop at a sweet little tea room for my birthday! I had a great salad with dried cranberries and banana chips served with a poppy seed dressing! It was wonderful!
When I picked LongLegs up, I had my new CHRISTmas cd playing. The song was by Montgomery Gentry, Merry Christmas from the Family . It is a HOOT! It does not really sound like my family, but they sure sound like fun! I found the lyrics and if you have time read them, but it is much funnier listening to him sing it! Here is the end that reminds me of National Lampoons Christmas! "CLARK...We sold the house..."
Fran and Rita drove from Harlingen
I can't remember how I'm kin to them
But when they tried to plug their motor home in
They blew our Christmas lights
Cousin David knew just what went wrong
So we all waited out on our front lawn
He threw the breaker and the lights came on
And we sang Silent Night
Oh Silent Night o' holy night
Carve the turkey turn the ballgame on
Mix Bloody Marys cause we all want one
Send somebody to the Stop 'n Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprite
A box of midol, some Salem Lights
Hallelujah everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family
OKAY, so I am insane! Daughter M fell down the front steps tonight while I was talking to one of my MIL's. She is complaining of her back...we'll see if we make it through the night. She already has a Doctor's appointment at 9 am in the morning for her digestive system. Son went to Alabama to see a civil war reenactment. He hurt his calf in an acorn fight yesterday in the neighbors yard. He is so sore today. I had to get him out of the tub so I could put his sister in after she fell. Husband called at 6 (during the fall-drama) to let me know he was on his way. He was stopping off to buy some OJ and meds...he does not feel good. He thinks he has a cold coming on. Daughter C and I are leaving for the night. Anyone want to take us in?
Actually it is not even eight PM and I have them all in bed and I am blogging! :)
I will keep you posted on our status!
No comments:
Post a Comment