
We had a wonderful weekend! Husband and the children were very creative in their gift giving and wrapping!
My husband travel with a group of men three times a year to "compare notes" and trade tips. He emailed seven of them and asked them to send him the Sunday edition of their newspaper. He received The New York Times, Midland Michigan, Seattle Post, Shreveport, LA and others. He also bought a new coupon organizer for me to organize all those coupons.
Well let me explain how this turned into a valuable teachable moment with the children. 1. It is the thought that counts. 2. It is better to give than to receive.

I tell you that to explain that three times a year the Sunday Paper does NOT have coupons in it. Well, the Sunday after Thanksgiving is one of those Sundays. I was heart broke for him. Not because I did not rack up on coupons, but because of all the thought that went into this precious gift! I love that man! He is always so creative and so thoughtful!
I do not know if you have ever read 5 Love Languages, but it really changed our marriage. When we took the quiz one of his top three was Gift Giving. Sadly Gift Giving is last on my list which means I have to work hard at coming up with ideas for him. His birthday is coming up in 18 days, I'll let you know what I come up with!
They also gave me a BEAUTIFUL coat! It is so soft! Thanks you for the BEST birthday!
2 comments:
That is the kind of things I like best too. Things that let you know they are paying attention to the little (well for you big) things going on in your life.
Where did I get Saggy Bottom, Chunky Butt? BTW, I got the triple ECB thing all WRONG!! Talked to the CVS.com lady and sooo glad I did. Read my post.
Thanks for the tip!!
I love the packages!!
Post a Comment