I spent Saturday morning at the Doctor's office. I have not been seen at his office since 2005. I have a bronchial infection. Too much fun in the snow.
Since I had to get a prescription filled I got a $25 gift card from CVS for a new Rx. My consolation prize for being sick! I have read about some great bonus deals CVS has starting for week of 1/6/08. Lots of ECB items, but I'll post about that on the other blog!
This is the second time I have been sick this winter and it is not even January. Husband and I are going to do the Daniel Fast for 21 days in January. The Daniel Fast will lead to spiritual insight. “As for these four boys, God gave them knowledge and skill.” (Daniel 1:17) The application of a Daniel Fast is longer than one day. These young men fasted for at least ten days. (Daniel 1:12, 15).
This is only a partial fast. Daniel and his friends ate only vegetables and drank only water. (Daniel 1:12).
Our church is fasting as a whole in January. I have specifically written out ten or more prayers I am fasting for. One of my prayers is to alter my families eating habits. Our plan is to change our eating style once this is over.
Husband is going to have a much rougher transition I think than myself because he does not like beans. I plan on eating them over whole grain rice and calling it a meal. I will keep you posted on the progress of our eating habits.
The original plan for Sunday was to take the tree down since we are having friends over for New Years... I think they will have to see our house still completely decorated. I think I remember my Mom saying it was bad luck to keep your tree up past New Years? I am going take my chances this year and go with the man down the street from us who keeps his three trees lite well into February...
1 comment:
I feel husband's pain -- I don't like beans particularly either! Do keep us posted -- as I've worked on my diet the last six months I can now tell a difference when I don't behave. I know you are doing this for spiritual as well as health reasons, but the health benefits will be tremendous!
Post a Comment