Twin M did great having three teeth pulled! Her Papa Chuck is her dentist and he made sure she had some happy gas and was numb!! She stayed home from school and ate ice cream and soup. She was my little princess for the day while her brother and sister were at school.tooth
On the way home from basketball practice, Twin C and I were alone and I asked her what she thought the tooth fairy would bring for three teeth pulled out by the dentist. She said $10. Wouldn't you know, she was right! She brought her sister a crisp $10 bill!
Today we are trying something new. They go to a different school from their brother. They were both able to get in (it is a lottery system) to a public 3rd - 8th school. I always joke and say whoever rode by the day I got their acceptance letter probably thought Ed McMann was bringing the BIG one! I did cart wheels all over the front yard. Brother is on their waiting list, but no one has left fifth grade all year and we are number seven. Things are not looking real good for him this year.
Anyways, I say all that to say that the girls were originally going to ride the bus home at the beginning of the year. They were so excited! This is their first year in public school and they could not wait to ride the bus. At orientation I found out that their bus stopped at the High to load up those kids and I said NO! My little third graders are not riding with tenth graders!! They were devastated, but quickly learned I was not backing down.
Yesterday they announce that their school was getting their own bus system and they would be the only school on that bus. The girls were so excited! So today for the first time in eight years I do not have to do carpool. Oh wait...today is Wednesday. Son has academic team and a piano lessons. Oh well... there is always tomorrow!
Please pray for my babies. They are the first stop, but still I worry about them!
3 comments:
How fun. My boys don't get to ride the bus and with us (them for sure, me, keep your fingers crossed) going to the new school next year- they don't stand a chance. It's 3 min. from the house. OH,YEAH!!!
MY hair- well I have dark roots that don't match the other part of my hair cause somebody I know said they were giving me some hair color uh, 2 or 3 months ago and I,uh, never got it. I mean. why buy it if it's FREE right? I am reminded of HER everytime I look in the mirror. You may know her- saggy bottom or saggy boobs the name escapes me but I know her when I see her. LOL!!! :)
Glad to hear "twin M" did well at the dentist. Our youngest is in the process of having seven pulled over four visits (visit #3 tomorrow) so I know how ya feel! Good luck on the bus thing!!
I know the girls were so excited and you were too! Can't wait to hear what they had to say about their first bus ride.
DF
Post a Comment